Yes, i have the same problem with Red5. Live streaming media plays an
important role in our portal. Try it since 0.3 but never got better
results. After doing some tests i finally found out that there is a
relation about network latency and the lagging issues. Yes, you could
prevent that with just setting up the buffer to 2 seconds but there is
an major lag after that. I use my network analyzer and saw there are
some really high differences in the streaming..... The funny thing is,
that our internet connection is capable of 30 webcam streams at one time
with good quality.
I think that the ups and down demand on the connection, not on red5
itself...

Anyone other experience..?

cu nomIad