No, actually i dont.

Ive no experience with hibernate. Im coming from a .net background. NHibernate was introduced later, and i had some own wrapper techniques for optimal connection handling. Especially im using many stored procedures. Ive seen some example where hibernate can be a real boost even the data caching is managed automatically and its really customizeable with hql.

Maybe a second article. I think we re all using the wiki too less ;-)

cu nomIad

Sebastian Wagner schrieb:
hi,

thx for your aticle.

quote
*In this article i will explain how to implement a good way for accessing a Database without hibernate.*

is there an alternative resource with a tutorial for hibernate? I am using hibernate everything works perfect but i can only use it with this property: hibernate.query.factory_class org.hibernate.hql.classic.ClassicQueryTranslatorFactory

using the default query factory class:
* org.hibernate.hql.ast.ASTQueryTranslatorFactory *
will cause an error like that:

[ERROR] 559563 SocketAcceptorIoProcessor-0.0:( org.xmlcrm.app.data.user
.Usermanagement.error ) org.hibernate.QueryException : ClassNotFoundException: org.hibernate.hql.ast.HqlToken [select c from .... ]

any idea's how to use the default hibernate query_factory? I think its maybe because the context of the server uses another antlr-version but i am not sure.

regards
sebastian