Your problem would be much the same as with nellymoser ... ffmpeg can only
decode it afaik. There is no way to my knowledge to circumvent flash in this
matter, but I'd be very happy to know of such a way, if it exists.

I wouldn't bet on flash being more widespread than java though ... It only
works on major 3 platforms, and even here Linux versions lag behind. I
wouldn't call that a good market coverage. Not to mention it's not 64-bit
yet, while again java is. And as you can see, there are some limitations to
flash.

On 8/29/07, Borut Likar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Streaming to java clients could be less effective I think, not to mention
> that Flash is more widespread than java.
> For java to flash streaming ffmpeg could be used to encode the video with
> the Sorenson 3 codec, which should be easily decompresed by Flash on the
> other side.
> Perhaps I will make a demo application for this. (if it works of course)
>
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 00:17:52 +0200, Anze Cesar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > The problem as I understand is, that flash uses a proprietary codec
> > (nellymoser) for streaming. You can not simply re-implement it due to
> > licensing issues. For static videos this codec is not used I believe ...
> > So as far as I know this is not possible.
> > What you could do however is capture your video, encode it to let's say
> > ogg
> > and stream it over to other (java) clients. For this you don't need
> > red5, or
> > flash for that matter, as you're not using rtmp at all ...
> >
> > On 8/28/07, Tariq Dweik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> The sample like simpleBroadcaster is a flash client that is used to
> >> stream
> >> the video, which means that i have to have a browser with flash plugin,
> >> the
> >> question is, how can we write a client to stream without flash? in
> other
> >> words, can we write a java client to do so? is there any sample or
> >> example?
> >> assume the case that we have a Linux machine without X (no graphical
> >> interface, just text console), how can we stream from an attached
> >> webcam?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >>
> >> -T

> >> on
> >> from

> >> and

> >> but

> --
> C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but
> when you do, it blows away your whole leg.

lp,
Anže