http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/GtUolB/TM

RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

---------------------------------
[11] Subscribe and Support
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, May 31, 2006 by ed:
Subscribe to Red News. And when you do you get a years FREE entry to our VIP
Forum

Subscribe to Red News, the actual printed fanzine for 10 issues (a year).

Make sure you get EVERY issue of Red News, sent to your door! Thanks to our
link with the safe, simple to use and world wide massively known paypal you can
order your 10 issue subscription to Red News via credit card - Visa,
Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo. Or send sterling cheque to Red News, P.o.Box
176, Manchester, M16 8LG.

Prices are as follows, please fill in the price column online accordingly

Ypur support keeps this website alive. Let us develop and grow and provide even
more news! 100% Independent. 100% Unofficial. Let's keep it that way.

RN 125 out May 7th
RN 124. 1976 Cup Final interviews
RN 123 Exclusive Ole interview
RN 121 George Best tribute Still available
RN 120 Still available
RN 119 Still available

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

subscribe e.mail

donate e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP

NEW UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVE SHIRTS

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

********

A remarkable offer. A saving of well over £55 on the RRP. JUST £44.99 inc p&p
in the UK (£54.99 ROW) FOR ALL OF THESE!

Included in this great offer.

The 6 available Red News' from this season (including the new RN125)...a years
entry into our VIP Forum... 3 great United books... United People Vol.1. CD...
A Northern Soul t-shirt... AND + one of our Alternative 'home kit' shirts

In detail here is what you get if you take up this offer...

1> 6 available Red News' from this season

2> A YEARS FULL entry into the VIp Forum

3> Northern Soul T-shirt - RNT51

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop51.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop51.htm

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

Just state size when ordering XL - or L

4> United People Vol 1 CD

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

5> 3 great United books. Norman Whiteside's autobiography, Red News' European
Glory '68 and '99 by the fans. Red News' If The Reds Should Play - travelling
across Europe as United supporters

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

6> and one of our Alternative 'Phoenix Fund' shirts

RNT64 - Old style crest
RNT65 - Phoenix Crest

Available in Small, Medium, Large, X-Large and X-X-Large sizes. Please specify
SIZE and product code when ordering.

To fit chest:
S       36" (length 27 inches width one side 18 inches)
M       40" (length 28.5 inches width one side 19 inches)
L       42" (length 28.5 inches width one side 20.5 inches)
XL      44" (length 29.5 inches width one side 22 inches)
XXL     50"

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

Click on to order via paypal below

e.mail html

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Shirts/Hoodies&item_number=RN++Shirts/Hoods&cn=State+product+code&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Shirts/Hoodies&item_number=RN++Shirts/Hoods&cn=State+product+code&currency_code=GBP

A saving of well over £55 on the RRP. JUST £44.99 inc p&p in the UK (£54.99
ROW) FOR ALL OF THESE!

---------------------------------
[10] Stuart Brennan in MEN
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, May 31, 2006 by ed:
'NOT every football fan in England is hanging on every word about Wayne
Rooney's metatarsal.
In fact, it's fair to say that a sizeable chunk of the Red half of Manchester
is praying that the Scouse sensation does NOT recover in time for the World Cup.

Sir Alex Ferguson insists that his staff are doing everything they can to give
Rooney a fighting chance of making it but the United boss is adamant that he
will not risk his star player's future by allowing him to be rushed back too
soon.

Advertisement your story continues below
For many United fans, the matter is simple. Rooney has to be fit for the start
of the Premiership season - otherwise the Reds risk another campaign of vainly
chasing Chelsea.

But the indifference of many United fans to England, an indifference which
sometimes breaks out into outright hostility, goes way beyond the tug of war
over Rooney.

The hardcore of United's support does not "do" England, for reasons which have
all kinds of historical, cultural, geographical and footballing roots.

Authority

Mancunians have always been a feisty lot, never afraid to question authority or
stand up to injustice - hence the Peterloo massacre, or the mill workers'
refusal to handle Confederate cotton during the American Civil War, in
solidarity with the slaves.

It is a city proud of its own identity and tradition, and suspicious of the
motives of the capital city, whether that be the Government or the Football
Association.

And the fact that Manchester has always been an immigrant city, with waves of
Flemish, Irish, Jewish, Levantine, German and Italian people settling here
since the 14th century, has perhaps caused many of us to have a suspicious view
of patriotism.

The old Stretford End banner reading "Republic of Mancunia" perhaps sums it up
- Manchester has tended to see itself as a city apart in many ways, in football
as in culture and politics.

United's support drew heavily from the city's Irish immigrant population in its
early years, and many of its modern Mancunian support are second and third
generation Irish, hardly conducive to supporting England.

The 1966 World Cup was celebrated by the nation, but the mood had started to
change in Manchester by the Seventies, when England was starting to be
perceived as just another southern team - and not a particularly good one.
United fans watched United, and most match-going England fans were from London
and the south, with virtually all home games being played at Wembley.

Injuries

An England under-23 match at Old Trafford in 1976 had the Stretford End
cheering when one of the five United players in the team touched the ball, and
booing when any other England player did. They ended with a plaintive chant of
"We'd rather watch United..."

If that jaundiced view of England was setting in during the Seventies, it was
reinforced in the Eighties, when it seemed that no United player could go away
on international duty with England without sustaining serious, and sometimes
career-ending, injuries.

Gary Bailey, Steve Coppell and Neil Webb all had their careers cut short
through injuries they received playing for their country, while Bryan Robson
also suffered.

By the Nineties, United were the biggest thing in English football so any
doubts that United supporters might need a second-rate second team had been
blown away.

Add to that the increasingly strained relationship between United and the FA,
and the divorce between United's core support and England was just about
complete.

England are the FA's team, rather than the nation's, and the FA is heavily
influenced by anti-United forces, not least Arsenal and David Dein, who is a
vice-chairman of both. So the reasoning goes.

Sir Alex Ferguson has helped to fuel that particular fire by accusing the FA of
singling United out for harsh treatment.

For many angry Reds, England and the FA are indistinguishable, all part of the
Establishment.

Of course, the situation is not black and white. There are United fans who will
be in Germany supporting England, and there are those who will be desperate for
them to get knocked out as soon as possible, and in between there is a mass of
supporters who will want England to do well or who could not care less.

Most of those in that middling group would not want England to do well if it
meant risking Rooney for United next season.'

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-795737-10306273

 http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-795737-10357057 Up to 8Mbps Broadband
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[9] FA statement
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, May 31, 2006 by ed:
 "England head coach Sven-Goran Eriksson has confirmed today Wayne Rooney will
fly out to Germany with the rest of the England squad on Monday. Wayne will
then return to England on Wednesday for a scan on his foot in Manchester. Wayne
will be accompanied by the England team doctor Leif Sward who will then analyse
the scan with Manchester United."

---------------------------------
[8] Nobby Stiles on Rooney
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, May 31, 2006 by ed:
"I would take Rooney, definitely. I'm a big Man Utd and England supporter and
hopefully he'll be 90% fit. I wouldn't want anything to be dangerous for the
lad but as an England supporter I would want him to be there because he is so
quick and can change a game. He is a very confident lad. He is the nearest
thing I've seen to Duncan Edwards. I joined United when I was 15 in 1957 and
the crash happened eight months later. But I had watched Duncan growing up and
people often ask me why were the 'Busby Babes' so good - it was because they
didn't know danger. Duncan was that good and he would have only been 29 when we
won the World Cup in 1966. But I honestly think Rooney is like him. I look at
Rooney and the way he is built and you would think he would not be able to run.
But he is built in a similar way and he is so quick. I would love him to go.
With him in the side we have got a great chance - our best chance since 1966. I
think Carragher is a very good defender. I did that role for England. At United
I played at the back but for England, Alf had me in the midfield in front of
Bobby Moore and Jack Charlton. So I think he could do that role well."

---------------------------------
[7] 6 for £6! Bargain
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, May 31, 2006 by ed:
There are 6 Red News' from this season still available... and you can get ALL 6
for JUST £6 INCLUDING p&p in UK... £10 ROW... and when you order you get FREE
entry into our VIP Forum for a month. What a bargain!

Never read the mag? Or just missed out this season? Then order the 6 available
Red News' from this season (including the new issue, 125, other issues with
comment, opinion and gossip on a remarkable season on and off the pitch - the
Bestie tribute comes with the 6 as well) for JUST £6 in the UK INCLUDING p&p
and £10 ROW (inc p&p). You also then qualify for a free months entry into our
news breaking VIP Forum.

Order here - product code 6OFFER

To order a single copy click on

single copy order e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

---------------------------------
[6] Praise for Fortune
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, May 31, 2006 by ed:
former South Africa coach Stuart Baxter

Without doubt, Quinton will be one of the signings of the summer and I can
understand why Gordon wants him. People may say he has not played much for
Manchester United but he had bad luck with injuries and, when you compete with
Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes for a game, it's always hard to get a run in a
side. And it's no disgrace if you don't play every week. But, for me, at South
Africa, he was the ideal professional. I wanted to play him as a holding
midfielder and he was excellent. He can also drive on and attack and I knew
when I was making up my bench, I didn't need cover at left-midfield or
left-back as Quinton could play there as well."

---------------------------------
[5] More Fortune agent
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, May 31, 2006 by ed:
"Hopefully, we will speak to Peter Lawwell on Thursday. The meeting is not 100%
set-up yet, but we hope that's when we will be speaking to Celtic. We don't
know if they will make an offer straight away, but, hopefully, we will begin
talks Celtic's interest is clear, we were invited up for an informal chat last
Friday. But Quinton is keeping an open mind on things. We have to make sure
everything is right from a financial point of view and also from a football
point of view, especially from the football side of things because Quinton just
wants to play regularly again. He has been injured so his priority is to get
fit for the pre-season and play first-team football on a regular basis. If an
offer is on the table, then he will have to decide whether he wants to stay in
the north-west of England or a clean break and try a new league altogether. I
will sit down with Quinton and his wife and he will have a decision to make. ut
I can't really say whether Quinton is leaning towards Celtic or not, there are
plusses there but there are plusses at other clubs who are interested."

Practical Photography Gear of the Year 2005 - Bargain price 6MP camera with
good reviews

Fuji FinePix S7000 Digital Camera [6MP, 6 x Optical Zoom] just £199.99

Lee Sharpe's book now in paperback, just £3.99!

---------------------------------
[4] Saha plays
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, May 31, 2006 by ed:
tonight alongside Henry for France vs Denmark

16-Fabien Barthez (Olympique Marseille), 19-Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich),
15-Lilian Thuram (Juventus), 5-William Gallas (Chelsea), 3-Eric Abidal
(Olympique Lyon), 4-Patrick Vieira (Juventus), 6-Claude Makelele (Chelsea),
7-Florent Malouda (Olympique Lyon), 10-Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid),
12-Thierry Henry (Arsenal), 21-Louis Saha (Manchester United).

---------------------------------
[3] Veron future unsure
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, May 31, 2006 by ed:
from SKY

'Internazionale have decided to part company with Chelsea midfielder Juan
Sebastian Veron after two seasons on loan at the club.

The club had been awaiting a decision from the 31-year-old Argentinian
playmaker on his future.

But the player's agent Fernando Hidalgo has revealed the club could not wait
any longer.

"I met Nerazzurri technical director Marco Branca on Friday and everything is
clear," he told Corriere dello Sport.

"Everyone must make their choices. Inter could literally miss out on the whole
transfer window, waiting for Veron's decision."

Veron is currently holidaying with his family in Argentina, but it is not yet
clear whether he will make a permanent switch to his native country from
Chelsea.'

---------------------------------
[2] Away Match Specials!
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, May 31, 2006 by ed:
If you have any memorable stories - interesting incidents or just plain fond
memories - of the away match special trains that used to pack Utd fans on their
way to away matches (and sometimes mayhem) we'd love to hear your stories - as
usual send anything and everything to [EMAIL PROTECTED] - thanks!

---------------------------------
[1] From yesterdays Mirror
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, May 31, 2006 by ed:
'RUUD VAN Nistelrooy has been told by Holland coach Marco van Basten to revive
his career at AC Milan if there is no I way back for him at Manchester United.
Van Basten, who won two European Cups in an illustrious playing career at
Milan, has been sympathetic to van Nistelrooy's plight since the striker's
fall-out with Sir Alex Ferguson.

Milan have joined the list of clubs in the hunt for van Nistelrooy and are
ready to make their move with a £10million bid to beat rivals Inter to his
signing. And it is understood van Basten believes that Milan would be the
perfect club for the United hitman to relaunch his career.

Van Nistelrooy, 29, was axed from United's last game of the season by Fergie
after a training ground bust-up with teammate Cristiano Ronaldo.

United's record European goalscorer was ordered to leave the team hotel and
Fergie took the unusual step of going public with his criticism of him.

Now it appears there is no way back for van Nistelrooy, who is desperate for a
successful World Cup to prove his worth.

Van Basten believes van Nistelrooy's problems at United will not affect him at
the World Cup. "I don't have any problems with Ruud at all," he said.

"I am totally confident in his ability. Ruud is a player who likes to work hard
and he loves to win.

"He's a very important member of our team and I'm confident he will have a
great World Cup."

United want around £13m for van Nistelrooy but are understood to be willing to
accept about £11m for the player who has become an outcast at Old Trafford.

Holland keeper Edwin van der Sar claims the Dutch only have an outside chance
of triumphing in Germany. He said: "There are three or four teams with an
excellent chance of winning but I don't think we're one of them though."

---------------------------------
[55] Fun and games at Charlton
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, May 30, 2006 by ed:
'Crystal Palace have taken legal action against former boss Iain Dowie, who has
been named as Charlton's new manager. Palace chairman Simon Jordan confirmed
the club intend to serve Dowie with a writ for "fraudulent statements about his
reasons for leaving the club".

Dowie left the Palace job he had held since 2003 on 22 May and Jordan said: "He
told me he wanted to go back to the north to be with his family.

"My club waived compensation because he said he wanted to return to the north."

Dowie had a compensation clause in his contract which meant if he left for
another club they would have to pay Palace £1m.

I would not issue a writ on a point of principle, I issue it on a point of law

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan

However, Jordan agreed to waive that clause and it is this that prompted the
chairman to take action.

"I released him from a £1million compensation clause because he said he wasn't
going to do what he's done," said Jordan.

"Iain Dowie had a £1million compensation clause in his contract and there is no
reason why I would take that out unless it was as a gesture of goodwill.

"I'll prove it to the High Court. I would not issue a writ on a point of
principle, I issue it on a point of law."

Dowie left his post at Selhurst Park by mutual consent and was immediately
linked to the Charlton vacancy.

Jordan made it clear at the time he would be unhappy if Dowie were to switch to
The Valley saying: "I would be disappointed if Iain were to turn up at Charlton.

I'm not going to let it sour a good day for me

Iain Dowie

"He understands my view. I have made this situation far less acrimonious than
it could have been."

Dowie, however, has publicly said he wanted to leave Selhurst Park for a "new
challenge".

A court representative tried to serve Dowie with the writ during the media
conference at The Valley but he was turned away.

Dowie insisted he had not held discussions with Charlton before leaving Palace.

"The first conversation I had with Charlton was two days after," said the
former Northern Ireland international.

"If that is what he (Jordan) feels then that is what he feels but it totally
misrepresents the conversation I had with Simon.

"I'm not going to let it sour a good day for me."

---------------------------------
[54] Gary Bailey on South Africa pre-season
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, May 30, 2006 by ed:
do we have any South African based readers who would are attending any of the
matches and would be able to take pics/write a report for RN?

"I've played in a few pre-season friendlies when you find yourself with egg on
your face! You can't mess about with (so-called) minor opposition because on
their day they can be very useful, especially when you're playing  in an
unfamiliar environment in very different conditions. I don't think any of
United's games in South Africa will be easy. It'll be the middle of winter
during their visit so some of the pitches will be bone-dry. There will be rain
in Cape Town and it'll be very humid in Durban. Overall, I think it will be a
good test for United before the start of next season. The boys were last here
in 1993 and that was a great occasion for all the fans. This summer fans will
get the chance to see some of the older established pros like Scholes and
Giggs, as well as the younger stars of the squad in Kieran Richardson, Gerard
Pique and Giuseppe Rossi. Everyone is very much looking forward to United's
visit and I'm sure the team will get a fantastic reception when they arrive."

---------------------------------
[53] Local Tampa based newspaper on response to Glazer
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, May 30, 2006 by ed:
 http://www.sptimes.com/2006/05/28/Bucs/Manchester_United_fan.shtml
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/05/28/Bucs/Manchester_United_fan.shtml

We're still awaiting word on the latest regarding owner Malcolm Glazer 's
health after the Bucs disclosed 10 days ago he suffered a second stroke. In the
meantime, nearly all the feedback from fans has been positive, most hoping for
a speedy recovery.

But on the other side of the pond, fans of his other high-profile sports entity
- English soccer club Manchester United, one of the world's most valuable
sports franchises - have a vastly different take.

Posters on British Internet message boards aren't exactly mobilizing to send
get-well cards. Regrettably, their reactions have been largely opposite. Here's
a sampling from the few PG-rated comments we dug up:

On sportnetwork.net, one poster writes, "Won't laugh at an old man's
misfortune, but I'm not too sad about it either."

At malcolmglazer.com, nearly all seem to agree Glazer is little more than an
"ugly American" who is ruining the franchise. Others make disparaging remarks
about his Jewish heritage.

And on uwsonline.com (short for United We Stand), Glazer's second stroke was
called, among other things, "a stroke of luck."

Unfortunately, this kind of treatment of Glazer isn't completely new, with his
2005 takeover having spurred various public protests during which he was hung
in effigy and arrests were made.

But the vitriol is sad, to say the least. Having a passion for one's team is
one thing, but allowing that passion to rise to the level of inhumane hatred is
another.

The Brits have been hammering Glazer ever since he expressed an interest in
becoming the majority owner of the famous soccer club. Even the mainstream
media have lined up to take shots at him. Fortunately, most of the coverage of
his strokes has been fairly responsible, even if many of the stories written
about him the past couple years have bordered on tabloid journalism.

To be fair, the frustrations of Man U fans stem from more than the shock of a
Yankee taking over their prized team. The transaction saddled a club that was
debt-free with considerable debt, which could affect its buying power in the
open European player market. That, coupled with declining fortunes on the
field, has made Glazer an easy scapegoat.

Another fact that has irritated Man U fans is that Glazer lacks their
insatiable appetite for their sacred pastime, making his purchase little more
than a business deal. He hasn't attended a game, but after three of his sons
had to be hurried away from Man U's stadium during a protest last year, who can
blame him?

None of this justifies making Glazer public enemy No.1 in Britain. People, get
a grip: It's just a game.

---------------------------------
[52] David Meek in Belfast Telegraph on Les Olive
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, May 30, 2006 by ed:
'Manchester United lost a valuable link with their past with the death of Les
Olive, their former secretary who rose from office boy to director in a
remarkable connection with the club spanning 64 years.

I was at his funeral in Salford yesterday and couldn't help but feel that his
passing is yet another blow for those who feel that our big sophisticated clubs
have lost touch with their roots.

For me, as long as Les Olive was involved with Old Trafford I felt United had
not surrendered totally to the branding of the club as a commercial enterprise
rather than as a football club.

Les represented the old guard, untouched by the obscene amounts of money
swilling through the game, and always striving to maintain contact with
ordinary supporters.

He was a man of integrity and principle who loved the grass roots of the game.

And, yet it's doubtful whether Manchester United would have survived without
him during those dark days that followed the Munich air crash in 1958.

Les had not long been appointed assistant secretary and with the death in the
accident of Walter Crickmer he found himself suddenly in the middle of a trauma
that could easily have seen the end of Manchester United as a senior football
club.

As he once explained to me: "There was so much to do there was no time to stop
and think about the enormity of what had happened, which was perhaps a good
thing. People rallied round, especially Alma George, Walter's secretary, and
Betty my wife, who as a shorthand typist was of immense help. We sent our
daughter, Susan, who was three at the time to stay with friends and Betty and I
worked together 15 or 16 hours a day for several weeks. Some of the players
were not on the phone and Betty went round to their houses to break the
terrible news to their families. The Ground Committee came in to help with the
sacks of mail and Freddie Owen, later to become assistant secretary, took a lot
on his shoulders as well. Somehow we got through."

Eventually the club settled down, Les was made secretary, but great changes
were on their way under new chairman Louis Edwards as United headed for their
first trophy after Munich by winning the FA Cup in 1963 on their way to their
other epic achievements in the sixties.

Les Olive will be missed not only as one of the good guys but for what he
represented in the game of football.

Although he bravely fought prostate cancer, he was at the reunion dinner of the
Association of Former Manchester United Players only last month.

As he got up to leave early chairman John Doherty hailed him as "the most
honest man I have ever met."

---------------------------------
[51] More Fortune agent
Posted Tuesday, May 30, 2006 by ed:
 "There is no doubt that Celtic are very high on the list of Quinton's list of
options.  He was hugely impressed by the set-up and very encouraged that Gordon
Strachan was so keen to meet him before Gordon went on holiday. Fitness will
not be an issue and neither will be motivation. Quinton is desperate to play
top-class football again after missing most of the season. He is fitter than
ever and is so determined to do well that he is not going on holiday this
summer. He has started pre-season training on his own."

For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon