On Sun, Mar 08, 1998 at 06:07:19PM -0600, Larry Lade wrote:
> Is there a command which converts all filenames in a directory to lower
> case? I was about to write a perl script to do so, but I'm sure there's
> a standard tool to do it... one I can't seem to find or remember.

yes, it's not hard to do with standad tools. Here's an "off the top
o'me head" stab at it:

#!/bin/sh
for i in $*
do
        mv $i `echo $i | tr "[A-Z]" "[a-z]"`
done

Note that those are 'backquotes', not apostrophes.

Fred
--
---- Fred Smith -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ----------------------------
                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,