Hello,
 I recently upgraded a server at work to linux. The box houses 650+ users
and usercfg hates it. When I run usercfg it gives the following errors:

[root@ian log]# usercfg
Red Hat Linux usercfg 3.5
Copyright (C) 1996, 1997 Red Hat Software
Redistributable under the terms of the GNU General Public License
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/lib/rhs/usercfg/usercfg.py", line 940, in ?
    win = WindowFrame(Toplevel())
  File "/usr/lib/rhs/usercfg/usercfg.py", line 896, in __init__
    self.Groups = Groups(FR, self.G)
  File "/usr/lib/rhs/usercfg/usercfg.py", line 776, in __init__
    self.Box.insert((g.name, g.gid, g.userlist))
  File "/usr/lib/rhs/python/Conf.py", line 1423, in __getattr__
    return self.pw.vars[self.group][2]
IndexError: list index out of range

Can some one explain this? Is there any way to fix this. In my opinion in
order for linux to move into the corporate arena it must be able to handle
these sorts of problems. From what I can surmise the group and or passwd
file has too many entries for usercfg. Thanks for all your help.
BTW
Since we upgraded from SCo to redhat 5 this has been the only real problem
in fact my boss is very impressed with it. Congrats to RedHat and the
linux family, you have done a wonderful job...

--
Douglas F. Elznic
[EMAIL PROTECTED]