On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 10:29:55PM +0000, Alan Harding wrote:

> I must admit that for the last year or so I have been running
> red-carpet and up2date.
>
> Red carpet is used for all my package updates, and it has never given
> any problems.
>
> Up2date is run only to do kernel upgrades.

I use red-carpet exclusively, although I manually install kernel, glibc
and openssl updates because redhat releases i686 binaries for them.  If
up2date was smart enough to download the proper machine-specific
binaries, that would definitely be a point in its favor.  Other than
that I prefer red-carpet because the downloads are so much faster.