From: James Pifer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 9:31 AM
To: RedHat List
Subject: ncmount - can't mount netware volume

I've searched google and found relevant information to my problem, but not a
resolution. I'm trying to mount a netware volume using ncpmount over ipx.
NCPFS and IPXUTILS versions are 2.2.0.18-11. I have ipx bound to the NIC.

My results have been interesting.

[root@tweety root]# ncpmount -S MARVIN -A 192.168.1.9 /mnt/marvin -C -U
jep1250 Logging into MARVIN as JEP1250
Password:
ncpmount: No such entry (-601) in nds login
Login denied.
[root@tweety root]# ncpmount -S MARVIN -A 192.168.1.9 /mnt/marvin -C -U
jpifer Logging into MARVIN as JPIFER
Password:
ncpmount: Invalid password (-669) in nds login
Login denied.
[root@tweety root]# ncpmount -S MARVIN -A 192.168.1.9 /mnt/marvin -C -b -U
jpifer Logging into MARVIN as JPIFER
Password:
ncpmount: Unknown server (0x89FC) in login
Login denied
[root@tweety root]#

Notice the first two login attempts. Both are valid logins and I know I'm
using the right passwords. One responds no such entry, the other Invalid
password.

Anyone know what might be the problem?
Also, is there a better way of getting to Netware drives, maybe NFS?

Any help is appreciated.
James