Hi All,

I’m running Redhat Linux 9.0 on my server (co-located). Currently I’m using the following services:

-          httpd (apache)

-          ftp (vsftpd)

-          ssh (openssh)

For testing reasons, no firewall had been installed on the server (yet …). I’m able to access the server using client programs in Redhat Linux 7.4 at my home. However, when I’m trying to access the server using windows clients (e.g. cuteftp, putty and internet explorer) I get problems:

-          Cuteftp is waiting for a welcome message, which never comes…

-          Putty doesn’t connect at all (ssh)

-          Internet explorer only download the first 2540 characters (may be little bit more or less)

It seems that all connections fail. This all has nothing to do with bad connections etc.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Pieter Zandbergen