The benchmark for usability cannot be measured by an automated program.
Using economic jargon, it would have to be measured in "utils/hour" where
utils is the utilitarian amount of work one is able to do in each system.
This cannot be measured by application startup speed or even application
running speed.  It has so many variables that it can only truly be
measured by itself.

Honestly, I personally _favor_ anecdotal evidence to benchmarks, because
anecdotal evidence takes reality into account while "scientific" methods
tend to not do so.

Jon