On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 06:36, Anthony E. Greene wrote:

> >Windows XP Pro also has "Remote Desktop", built in ready to go right out
> >of the box.
>
> That only works with another XP machine. X allows connections from any
> machine that runs X, including Winboxes (see Cygwin/XFree86, eXceed, etc).
> And as Thomas noted, X has had this capability for years.

winxp remote desktop will work with linux.

i have an icon on my linux desktop that will do a remote connection
to my wifes winxp machine, where i still do quicken.
i believe only winxp pro has remotedesktop.
winxp home has remote assistant ??, which i have never used.

the name of the linux program is rdesktop.

http://www.redhat.com/swr/i386/rdesktop-1.1.0-2.i386.html

it works well enough for me on my LAN

see ya
randy