El Jueves, 23 de Octubre de 2003 05:57, dlangschied escribió:
> > El Miércoles, 22 de Octubre de 2003 16:37, dlangschied escribió:
(...)
> I am using a HP LaserJet 4si.  In my app I am trying to send the info out
> at 132 characters per line, which is what I need.  What I am getting is the
> first 80 characters in each line.  So what I need to do is to compress the
> characters so the 132 characters will fit.  In other flavors of *nix, I
> can, by using the -oc option of lp, accomplish this task.  I have noticed
> that the Linux version of lp does not contain this option.
>
> > Regards.

The CUPS Manual says:

***
Text Options

The following options apply when printing text files.

Setting the Number of Characters Per Inch

The -o cpi=value option sets the number of characters per inch:

lp -o cpi=10 filename ENTER
lp -o cpi=12 filename ENTER
lpr -o cpi=17 filename ENTER

The default characters per inch is 10.
***

Maybe this will help. I have not tried it, though.

Regards.

--
Alfredo J. Cole
http://www.acyc.com