Hi...

I have the following regular expression:

         ^(?=.*\d)(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z]).{8,12}$

Test String ="test1Test";

Which compiles and works as it (i.e. matches test string) should under ORO
but which does not match the same test string under regexp.

Does anyone know if there is an incompatibility in this regular expression
that regexp doesn't like?

What would be the equivalent re for regexp. The problem we have is that we
are currently using regexp in our application but the above is the only re I
could come up with
that matches the criteria (8-15 characters, at least 1 upper-case & at least
1 numeric).

We would rather not have to introduce another regular expression package.

Thanks

Saimon

Saimon Moore - Condisline e-commerce S.A.
Departamento de TI
Poligon Pla dŽen Coll, C/ del Mig, 72-80
08110 Montcada i Reixac, Barcelona (Spain)

TLF: 34 93 565 34 00  FAX: 34 93 575 23 25
e-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.condisline.com