I'm a very happy oro user because it matches the perl5.x regexps best.
Speed is not really an issue for me as I use it merely in batch like
processes. Rarely in reallife internet apps.
I would recommend boycotting Sun and their regexp, as they ccuurently
copy-paste all the nice open source code in a Micro$oft way (without the
$$). Besides that a lot of java programmers still use 1.3, using 1.4
regexp would make your code downwards incompatible. On the other hand I
remember a mail from Daniel F S @ some point stating that oro is slower
than sun 1.4 regexp.
I wouldnt use jakarta regexp, as I ve never seen being used. Oro is
supplied in many industry packages, and I would consider it the industry
standard for this moment.
Maybe you should use both and see which one you like best!
Good luck,
Jeroen.