There have been a few threads on this topic related to the input string
size.  I rewrote the matchNodes method to use a simulated stack instead
of relying on recursion.  I wanted to know if this would be considered
to enter the code base, and who to contact and the process.   The only
drawback is that its' slower, but I'm working on a few things to improve
that.  The code is somewhat identical to the current code, and I'm not
sure if the contributors would want to maintain two somewhat identical
functions, and fork on the root matchNodes call based on say an RE
option for speed vs. size.

Also, has anyone done comparisons to Sun's RegExp classes for speed as
well as any size limitations.  I'm doing some testing now and they fail
also with "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space".

Anyway, let me know if there is interest or not in incorporating this.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the
sender as soon as possible. The contents of this e-mail may be confidential and
the unauthorized use, copying, or dissemination of it and any attachments to
it, is prohibited. Internet communications are not secure and Hyperion does
not, therefore, accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message
nor for any damage caused by viruses. The views expressed here do not
necessarily represent those of Hyperion. For more information about Hyperion,
please visit our Web site at: www.hyperion.com