Hello.

what i realized yesterday, after several recompilings:

i've tested it with gcc3.3 and 2.6.14 - same problem with reiser-patch +
reiser-fix-fsync-patch. without the reiser-fix-fsync-patch, it seems to work
again, with both, gcc3.3 and gcc4.1. but this is still very strange to me,
as it worked some time ago with the same patches :/

the architecture is i368. i've forgotten to mention that in my first post
- sorry for that.

> Please try
> ftp://ftp.namesys.com/pub/reiser4-for-2.6/2.6.15-rc5-mm3/reiser4-for-2.6.15-rc5-mm3-1.patch.gz

fine, i will give it a try. what are the main changes in that patch?

> > are there any mount/compile options, which could produce better performance
> > with larger files (i.e. 2gb and more)?
> >

> What does your load do with large files?

normal cpu-load is not very high, the only thing i can see, is the wait-io on a
very high level (sometimes >90% for several seconds). the throughput is
therefore quite low - less than 1mbyte/sec.

the 2gb file i was talking about is a virtual machine's disk.

the host is running ide-disks with 40-50mbyte/s transfer rates. creating such a
large image on reiser4 is really fast, but working with them is not.

thx anyway.

        Heiko