In Mark's hypo the philosophy departments, and the teachers who speak within it, are
state actors.  The question, then, is not whether exclusion of a certain viewpoint
from "faculty speech" would violate the free speech clause (the clause that UVa was
held to have violated in Rosenberger); presumably it wouldn't, because the free speech
clause does not restrict the state itself from expressing any views it wishes.  The
question, then, is whether the university would violate the *Establishment* Clause by
*permitting* a faculty member to teach "Ethics from a Christian/Roman Catholic Point
of View" -- and, for that matter, for permitting teachers more broadly to "present
their own views about what general approach to ethics," including "ultimate issues of
life," are "correct/most defensible."