At 04:01 PM 6/16/04 -0700, you wrote:
outsiders today in contemporary, secular America. And I hear it a lot from the far Right and the far Left that Jews run the country and the media -- that we are the ultimate insiders. And what about minority Christian denominations like Christian Scientists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh-day Adventists. Are they insiders or outsiders?

  Definitely outsiders, as there are many who would deny they are even "really" Christians.... note the frequent use of the "cult" label as a bludgeon against them. This despite a certain poster's insistence that since they aren't Catholic, they are ipso facto part of a "Protestant Empire".