It seems to me that if the government said "Community service
must consist of feeding the poor," or "feeding the poor, advocating for
the environment, or trying to prevent violence," that would be like
Rust.  But when the government allows a vast range of ideological
advocacy, chosen by the student, as "community service," but excludes
religious advocacy, that seems much more like Rosenberger (to the extent
that it's like any of these cases).