Jim-- I don't know what docent you are talking to, but the Court's historian took me on a personal tour and explained to me at some length that the tablets in the front are not the ten commandments, but rather the "Bill of Rights," by which he meant the first ten amendments, of course.  It is quite clear that Moses is on the right with 2 Commandments, not ten. It would make no sense for the Ten Commandments to appear twice on the friezes, given no other entity appears twice. The friezes make the obvious point that the ten commandments even decades ago were not thought to be the sole or even primary source of American law, but rather some of them have been relevant to general legal principles.

 With all due respect, you need to get your facts straight before calling anyone supercilious.

Marci