Title: Message
I assume this is a typical reaction of the "Christian Right".  I'm delighted you list folk are not stimulated to make such quick comments, but I'd appreciate any views (I confess ignorance about John G. Roberts).
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Response [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:25 AM
To: Gibbens, Daniel G.
Subject: [CR] Leftist Sharks Attack Judge Roberts

Leftist "Sharks" have already begun the attack: Click below to FIGHT BACK and get Judge Roberts confirmed!

Take Action Now!

This "Christian Response" e-Alert is a special message for Christian Friend from the RightMarch.com PAC:

ALERT: It took exactly twelve minutes for left-wing groups and liberal Senators to go on the attack against President Bush's conservative nominee to the Supreme Court, Judge John Roberts:

  • People for the American Way is "extremely disappointed" in the President's selection, saying it's "a constitutional catastrophe."

  • Alliance for Justice "cannot support Judge Roberts' elevation to the Supreme Court" because President Bush has a "track record of selecting ideologically-driven, divisive candidates for the bench".

  • The National Abortion Federation "calls upon the Senate to stand up to President Bush's attempt to destroy the fragile balance on the Supreme Court".

  • Planned Parenthood stated, "The nomination of John G. Roberts raises serious questions and grave concerns for women's health and safety."

  • Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL), whose most recent controversial remarks came when he compared American troops to Nazis, called Judge Roberts a "controversial nominee" who guarantees a "controversial nomination process."

  • Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), immediately announced that "I voted against Judge Roberts for the D.C. Court of Appeals because he didn't answer questions [about his views] fully and openly when he appeared before the committee."

  • Hinting at a possible judicial filibuster of the President's nominee, Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) announced on Fox News, "The fact that Sandra Day O'Connor stepped down creates an extraordinary circumstance."

  • MoveOn.org raised $1.3 million to fight Judge Roberts... BEFORE he was even nominated, and reacted to the nomination by calling Roberts "another right-wing crony."

  • NOW (the National Organization for Women) said of Judge Roberts that "our hard-won rights will be in jeopardy if he is confirmed," and that President Bush chose "to pick a fight. We intend to give him one."

  • NARAL stated that "President Bush has consciously chosen the path of confrontation, and he should know that we... are ready for the battle ahead."
Well, guess what -- SO ARE WE. And with your help, we're going to continue to take the fight directly to the American people -- and we're going to MAKE SURE that far-left Senators like Dick Durbin, Robert Byrd, Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer, Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton and others hear the message LOUD and CLEAR from their constituents... especially for the ones that are facing upcoming elections!

TAKE ACTION: With President Bush's nomination of Judge John Roberts to the U.S. Supreme Court, we have the opportunity to get a judicial conservative on the Court -- a conservative who will faithfully interpret the Constitution and the laws of our country without legislating from the bench.

We must not let the radical leftists sabotage this chance to replace Sandra Day O'Connor's "swing vote" with a solid conservative vote. As we saw in the recent "Kelo" decision to take away our private property rights, ONE VOTE can make all the difference in the world.

We've ALREADY begun fighting in "battleground" states like West Virginia, where Hiram Lewis, a military hero in the liberation of Iraq, has a growing campaign against the far-left Robert Byrd. We need YOUR help to apply pressure to "red state" Democrats like Sen. Ben Nelson in Nebraska and Sen. Bill Nelson in Florida, to make sure that they vote FOR Judge Roberts on the Senate floor. We especially need to make sure the "Gang of Fourteen" judicial filibuster compromisers -- like Sen. Mike DeWine in Ohio, who's up for re-election -- do NOT allow another filibuster to take place.

Will you stand with us today, to do even more? We plan to run radio ads, television ads, print ads, and of course ongoing internet efforts against the building liberal onslaught. Please make your best donation right away to help us FIGHT BACK against the radical leftist groups and liberal & compromising Senators! Click here to contribute now:

https://secure.responseenterprises.com/rightmarchpac/?a=22

NOTE: You can also send a FREE message directly to your two Senators at http://capwiz.com/sicminc/issues/alert/?alertid=7853081&type=CO telling them to confirm Judge Roberts quickly.

Be sure to send this Alert to EVERYONE you know who wants to see President Bush's conservative Supreme Court nominee confirmed in the U.S. Senate. Thank you!

Sincerely,

William Greene, President
RightMarch.com PAC

DONATE NOW: https://secure.responseenterprises.com/rightmarchpac/?a=22

If you prefer to mail in your donation, please send it to:

RightMarch.com PAC
Dept. Code 22
2400 Earlsgate Court
Reston, VA 20191

You are currently subscribed as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Put a "Write-to-Congress" web sticker on YOUR website:
http://capwiz.com/sicminc/dbq/stickers/?command=fedstickers

Put an "Action Alerts" web sticker on YOUR website:
http://capwiz.com/sicminc/remotecontent/remotesticker/

If you have any questions or problems with your subscription please don't simply reply to this e-mail, since the return address is not a working e-mail address. Instead, contact us at this email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Was this message forwarded to you by a friend? You can sign up for the "Christian Response" e-mail list for FREE! Send a blank message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Christian Response
284 Shalom Road, Waynesboro, VA 22980

Paid for by the RightMarch.com PAC