[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a message dated 8/2/2005 10:02:43 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
They claim that they only want the "evidence against evolution" taught, but this is primarily a tactical maneuver. Their stated goal remains not only equal time, but the replacement of evolution with ID, as their own documents clearly shows.
I am perplexed by this response to those critical of evolutionary theories, acting as though there is some dark cabal in it all.

I didn't say anything about a "dark cabal". I simply said that their ultimate and stated goal is the replacement of evolution (and "materialism" or "materialistic atheism", terms they use interchangably) with ID and "theistic science". That statement is entirely true, that is indeed their stated goal. I could show you the entire document, but I'm sure you've seen it.
Scientific theory invites inquisition of explanatory statements:  this because that.  If ID has no purpose other than reminding folks that evolutionary "theories" are able to be disproved, and to remove the talismanic veil of reverence that evolutionists have conjured around the theories, allowing open, scientific, critical analysis, then this is a good development for science.

If they actually did some science, you might have a point. As soon as ID advocates produce an actual model from which one can derive testable hypotheses and go about proposing some means of testing their ideas, they will be taken seriously. But I'm not holding my breath. They are engaged primarily in the act of public relations and marketing, not science.

Ed Brayton
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.