Title: Message
I've been a member of the ACLU since 1979  (the Skokie situation made it clear they were committed to basic civil rights even when it had negative impact on their donations) -- I don't agree with all their positions (same as with my church), but  I believe they are honest (like my church).

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Camfield [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 1:29 PM
To: Gibbens, Daniel G.
Subject: RE: curiosity

Dear Professor Gibbens:

Thank you for your inquiry to the ACLU of Oklahoma.  The message you forwarded is a hoax perpetrated by people who have no compunction about bearing false witness.  There is no Lucius Traveler who works for the ACLU.  The Traveler surname was probably selected by the hoaxer as an inflammatory reference to communists and their so called “fellow travelers.”  The name of Lucius was probably chosen because the hoaxer thought it sounded sinister.

Sincerely,

Michael Camfield,

Development Director

ACLU of Oklahoma