Sandy makes a good argument for the topicality of this thread,
but I wonder if it might nonetheless be a little too far removed.  There
are certainly lots of possible analogies between religious controversies
and legal controversies; but it seems to me that this list (as opposed
to others, which have a different focus) is at its best when it deals
with the law *of* government and religion, rather than with broader
questions of constitutional interpretation that are pretty far afield
from the Free Exercise Clause, the Establishment Clause, the Religious
Test Clause, and so on.