From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven Jamar
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:57 PM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: Re: School District drops Intelligent Design Class

I don't think is so hard to enforce.  Most people most of the time follow guidelines and this should be no different.  We should not ban something just because sometimes people stray across a fuzzy boundary inadvertently or just because some people will intentionally try to abuse the guidelines and further their own agendas.

This desire for purity in this area baffles me.  It is not possible.  We ought not fail to do or allow something just because it can sometimes be abused.  And we ought not fail to teach something or allow something to be taught just because some people will be upset or draw the line differently.

Steve