From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ilya Somin
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:20 PM
To: robson
Cc: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics; ConLaw Prof
Subject: Re: most important recent decisions

I would pick Raich, Kelo, McConnell v. FEC (assuming it counts for 2003), The Guantanamo cases as a group (I'm not sure it's worth trying to separate them out), and Roper v. Simmons.

robson wrote:

Paul:

Excluding Lawrence & Grutter as from the 2002 term, my picks for important cases would be:

Ashcroft v ACLU

Hamdi

Tennessee v. Lane

Locke v. Davey

Kelo

Castle Rock

Roper v. Simons

Gonzalez v. Oregon

and when decided, I'd probably put Rumsfeld v. FAIR on the list.

Ruthann

Ruthann Robson
Visiting Professor of Law
Stetson University College of Law
1401 61st Street South
Gulfport, FL 33707
727.562.7325

Professor of Law
City University of New York School of Law
65-21 Main Street
Flushing, NY 11367
718.340.4447