Rick Duncan wrote:
Human Rights Campaign says:"Boston Catholic Charities puts ugly political agenda before child welfare." Link. Excerpt:

Denying children a loving and stable home serves absolutely no higher purpose,” said Solmonese. “These bishops are putting an ugly political agenda before the needs of very vulnerable children. Every one of the nation’s leading children’s welfare groups agrees that a parent’s sexual orientation is irrelevant to his or her ability to raise a child. What these bishops are doing is shameful, wrong and has nothing to do whatsoever with faith.”

I agree with all of that except the last part. The Bishops are acting consistent with their faith, and to that extent I respect their decision. But that doesn't make the rest of the statement untrue.

Ed Brayton