I can't see any way this survives a motion to dismiss based on standing. And
Newdow must know that.

Ed Brayton

From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
[mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of Friedman, Howard M.
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:31 AM
To: religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu
Subject: Newdow Sues To Challenge Aspects of Inauguration

On Monday, Michael Newdow filed a federal lawsuit seeking to enjoin the
Chief Justice from adding "so help me God" to the constituionally prescribed
Presidential oath when swearing in Barack Obama, and to prevent clergy from
offering prayers during the inaugural ceremony. Details with links to the
complaint are on Religion Clause at

http://religionclause.blogspot.com/2008/12/newdow-lawsuit-challenges-inaugur
al.html

Howard M. Friedman
Disting. Univ. Professor Emeritus
University of Toledo College of Law
Toledo, OH 43606-3390
Phone: (419) 530-2911, FAX (419) 530-4732
E-mail: howard.fried...@utoledo.edu