yes but there is no guarantee that future inaugurations will be the same
as past ones.
Marc Stern

________________________________

From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
[mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of Friedman,
Howard M.
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 3:03 PM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: RE: Federal Appeals Court Goes With 'God'

The original complaint asked for a declaratory judgment that adding "so
help me God" to the oath, and having clergy as part of the inaugural
ceremony are unconstitutional. That would presumably apply to future
inaugurations as well.  Here is a link to the original complaint:
http://www.humanistlegalcenter.org/cases/Invocation/Newdow_v_Roberts_D_D
C_complaint_2008-12-29.pdf

Howard Friedman