My rough understanding is that the strict scrutiny cases decide that
strict scrutiny is proper when the government is imposing a substantial burden
on religious conduct in its capacity as sovereign.  I don't want to claim that
they apply equally to the government-as-employer, landlord, educator, prison
administrator, and so on.  My sense is that few of the state constitutional
case deal with those issues, but I can certainly see how courts could reach
different results in those cases than in the typical government-as-sovereign
case (much as the Supreme Court has with regard to the Free Speech Clause).
And I agree that strict scrutiny should not be equally used in those cases.

        I agree that some state RFRAs exclude specific categories of government
action.  (I actually think that this is a sound general approach, for reasons I
discuss in my "A Common-Law Model for Religious Exemptions" article.)  I was
just giving a general outline of the categories of state approaches with this
issue; I recognize that there are some differencies within each category.