Except that PETA itself has in the past  referred to the way commercial  farm
animals are raised as rep[licating  conditions in concentration camps.
Marc

From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
[mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of hamilto...@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2012 01:25
To: religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu
Subject: Re: Court upholds prison no-pork policy against EstablishmentClause
challenge

Chip is right, of course.

But Eric's point requires a response.
I don't I don't think PETA folks would appreciate having their sincere concerns
about the humane treatment of
animals traced to the Nazis.  To say that humane treatment concerns are more
often than
not "pretext" and then to have as your example something out of the 1930s is
singularly unpersuasive.

Marci A. Hamilton
Paul R. Verkuil Chair in Public Law
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law