Saw it. In the next post, she accuses doug of lying to left wing groups about
RLPA and civil rights. I've responded defending Doug.
Marc

From: Saperstein, David [mailto:dsaperst...@rac.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 07:25 PM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics <religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu>
Subject: Re: Contraception mandate

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 1, 2013, at 4:06 PM, "Marci Hamilton"
<hamilto...@aol.com<mailto:hamilto...@aol.com>> wrote:

I think it is critically important to remember that RLPA was rejected
categorically by the members as much too broad.  The history w respect to
anything other than land use and prisons are the only histories that have any
reliable content to them for future interpretation.

Post-enactment legislative history is the least reliable and should never be
accepted as evidence of legislative purpose by courts.   I would have thought
that was where anyone analyzing RFRA and RLPA would start.

Marci A. Hamilton
Verkuil Chair in Public Law
Benjamin N. Cardozo Law School
Yeshiva University
@Marci_Hamilton

On Aug 1, 2013, at 5:39 PM, James Oleske