Well, the opinion is a complete mess, and might not best be read as a
constitutional decision at all.  It does, however, suggest a lurking
interesting question about religious accommodations and vaccinations,
albeit one not raised by this case.

This is an unemployment compensation case involving a private employer.
For the most part, the opinion appears to be a straightforward APA-like
arbitrary and capricious decision, not implicating any constitutional
decision.  The rationale is that the religious accommodation undermined the
employer's stated health objective for imposing the vaccination
requirement, and therefore there was no good reason for insisting upon the
vaccination (and thus no legal grounds for firing the plaintiff, thereby
entitling her to unemployment compensation).  The opinion ends with this
holding:

The record is uncontroverted that the employer did not produce evidence
showing appellant's refusal to comply with its flu vaccination policy for
purely secular reasons adversely impacted the hospital or otherwise
undermined appellant's ability to perform her job as a nurse.

Now, this is, of course, nuts.  I think it might be a function of the fact
that the employer did not appear in the case--only the state board of
unemployment compensation did.  But if, in the underlying unemployment
compensation proceedings, the hospital couldn't come up with any evidence
of adverse impact of the nurse's refusal to be immunized, it needs to hire
better lawyers (or administrators).  To be sure, the religious exemption *does
*undermine the efficacy of the vaccination requirement somewhat.  But
presumably it doesn't blow it to smithereens, or render it futile -- the
patients are still *more likely* not to contract the flu if most (even if
not all) employees are vaccinated.

In the midst of all this misbegotten Ad Law stuff, however, the court
interjects two constitutional bits:  The first is an unadorned sentence
suggesting a free speech violation *by the unemployment compensation
board.  *(The hospital, recall, is a private employer.)  The refusal of the
board to give benefits to the secular objector, writes the court,
"unconstitutionally
violated appellant's freedom of expression by endorsing the employer's
religion-based exemption to its flu vaccination policy."  There's no
analysis here, and this is, of course, even less coherent or justifiable
than the arbitrary and capricious holding.

Then there's the penultimate paragraph, just before the arbitrary and
capricious one quoted above.  It sounds in the Establishment Clause:

Our Supreme Court has clearly cautioned that "[g]overnment may not, under
the First Amendment, prefer one religion over another or religion over
non-religion but must remain neutral on both scores." Marsa v. Wernik, 86
N.J. 232, 245 (1981) (citing Sch. Dist. of Abington Twp. v. Schempp, 374
U.S. 203, 216, 83 S. Ct. 1560, 1568, 10 L. Ed. 2d 844, 855 (1963)). Under
these circumstances, by denying appellant's application to receive
unemployment benefits based only on her unwillingness to submit to the
employer's religion-based policy, the Board violated appellant's rights
under the First Amendment.
This, too, is a mess, for a host of reasons:  The hospital's vaccination
requirement is not "religion-based."  The Board did not prefer religion
over non-religion -- it would have also denied benefits to a religiously
motivated employee who was fired by an employer for not being immunized.
The only authority cited has nothing to do with this sort of case-- *Marsa*
was actually a *Town of Greece* precursor that allowed a borough council
member to make a pre-meeting invocation!  And *Schempp*, of course,
involved the state's own religious expression.  Etc.

So I'd suggest we ignore this decision itself--nothing good can come of it.

But here's the interesting lurking question:

Assume that a *state* actor, such as a legislature or a state employer,
granted a religious-only exemption to a vaccination requirement.  This
actually happens quite frequently under state laws.  In my view this is an
Establishment Clause violation, because of the harm to third parties.  The
interesting question is who can sue to complain about it.  A member of the
public or a student at school who may be exposed to unimmunized religious
objectors?  (Probably standing problems, at least in federal court.)  What
about a secular objector who complains that the state cannot discriminate
against her non-religious reasons for wanting the exemption -- a *Texas
Monthly*-like case, in other words, but without the Free Speech/Free Press
overlay?  The irony in such a case is that extending the exemption to
secular objectors eliminates the Establishment Clause problem -- that's why
some legislatures have done it! -- while at the same time further further
undermining the underlying health reason for the vaccination requirement.
Should the secular objector be able to prevail in that case, relying
principally on the harm to third parties that makes the religious exemption
unconstitutional . . . even though that harm that will be exacerbated if
the exemption if the plaintiff wins and the exemption is extended beyond
religion?