Marty,

Your post is unusually amazing. What I'm curious about is whether any of the
Justices have any real knowledge, let alone expertise, about ERISA. I remember
John Langbein's dismay when Ginsburg praised Rehnquist for his "fairness" in
distributing ERISA cases. It was clear that she (and presumably the others)
regarded them as dog cases that were really an imposition to think about.

Sandy

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 4, 2014, at 1:49 PM, "Marty Lederman"