A quick follow-up:

The earlier housing/employment LGBT antidiscrimination bill to which Doug
linked (SB 100) was filed the same day as a public accommodations LGBT
antidiscrimination bill (SB 99). They were both filed January 29, 2015,
before the LDS Church's announcement that it would support a LGBT
Rights/Religious Liberty compromise.

The new compromise bill (SB 296) introduced today adds LGBT protections to
Utah's housing and employment laws, but not its public accommodations law
(Utah Code 13-7-3). So it would appear to leave untouched the status quo in
Utah concerning the baker/florist/wedding-venue conflicts (couples denied
service would not have a state law claim, but might have a claim under a
local ordinance).

Apologies in advance if my quick read is off base.

- Jim

P.S. Here are the three bills:

SB 99 (original public accommodations bill)
http://le.utah.gov/~2015/bills/static/SB0099.html

SB 100 (original housing and employment bill)
http://www.le.utah.gov/~2015/bills/static/SB0100.html

SB 296 (compromise housing, employment, and religious liberty bill)
http://le.utah.gov/~2015/bills/static/SB0296.html
<http://ssrn.com/author=357864>