From: Tedd Doda [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 1:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] RE: RC-96 EEPROM

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:38:08 -0400, Rogers, Ron wrote:

>A 6264 is an 8K X 8 CMOS Static RAM......when you unplug it, it loses all data.
>The 2864 is an 8K X 8 CMOS EEPROM.......does not lose data when unplugged.

Hi Ron:

Well that would make sense! My only question arises
is how can the "base" data be loaded into the 6264
if it looses it's data when unplugged? As the RC-96
doesn't have any backup battery, how is the data saved?

Cross-posted to the ACC list.

Tedd Doda, VE3TJD

Lazer Audio and Electronics
Baden, Ontario, Canada