There was this one company in the southern California area - had
 the channel all to themselves - no one else would go near it after
 listening for a while.  They had three repeaters, all on the same
 frequency pair, scattered around the greater Los Angeles area.

  They had 116 mobiles, and 18? licensed control points.  One of the
 control points had 14 or 15 desk sets in operation.

  The channel would start up and going about 6am and quit about 7pm
 ... each day.

  Neil