--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Wade Lake" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> One exception might be the Maxtrac radios.  Motorola churned out
hundreds of
> those repeaters built from two Maxtrac radios and a RICK controller.
 I am
> pretty sure they were using those on
> GMRS.  also the Motorola Desktrac radio was essentially 2 Maxtrac
radios
> inside.  I would bet that it was type accepted for GMRS use as well.
>
> Wade - KR7K

Sorry to say, the Maxtrac, Radius and Desktrac are not type accepted
or certificated for Repeater use on GMRS, they fail the .00025
frequency tolerance required.

§  95.621  GMRS transmitter channel frequencies.

(b) Each GMRS transmitter for mobile station, small base station and
control station operation must be maintained within a frequency
tolerance of 0.0005%. Each GMRS transmitter for base station (except
small base), mobile relay station or fixed station operation must be
maintained within a frequency tolerance of 0.00025%.