skipp025 wrote:
Kevin Custer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What was the basic 12 dB sinad sensitivity of
your Maggiore?

Don't have it exact in memory, but I'll try to
refer back to the log notes and see what I wrote
down.

Thanks....  I'd appreciate knowing the real world number here.
When you shut off the transmitter with the
PTT Disable Switch, what does one listen to?
Kevin

Doesn't your 8920a have an available speaker
output?

It does.
 I also have speaker amplifiers built into
some of my Sinad Meters plus the trusty tribble
size (9V battery powered) type portable speaker
amp from Radio Shaft (Shack).

My main concern about local speaker audio and
squelch settings is keeping those magic fingers
off the front panel controls, added distortion
of some of the circuit (ie the LM-380). Plus
the current requirements of the audio power amp
section at solar and limited power sites.

Once the repeater is done and installed at the
site, local speaker audio should be off anyway.

I see.  It wasn't that you weren't using a speaker to test for desense, you simply don't include one or a way to connect one in every instance, and that's fine.

I prefer to have a way of listening to my receiver with an available speaker.  Like others, I have sites that have no room for a dedicated speaker to reside with the repeater.  Many times I simply take my Micor speaker from my truck and use it on the repeater.  I have it configured with an 1/8 inch plug on the end to connect to my Japanese mobile rig.  All of my machines either have a dedicated speaker for monitoring or a 1/8 inch speaker jack for my speaker.  Even my remote receiver sites that use Hamtronics receivers (R144's) have a speaker jack as I don't use the internal amp for anything other than the speaker.

Kevin Custer