Eric Lemmon wrote:

>I am working on an audio monitor that will interject the voice warning
>"average modulation too high" when it
>detects that overdeviation of the input signal is present.  It is not a simple
>project!

The first problem (and maybe most difficult to handle) is evaluating a
noisy signal.  I guess you could simply build a received quality
indicator (squelch) that would only let the circuit work if sufficient
quieting were being delivered to obtain meaningful readings, but then
how do you deal with overshoot?

Kevin