I picked up a UHF HiPro years ago and was not impressed at first.  Now, after
having it on the air and connected to a antenna 450 up at the top of a tower I
am impressed.  The little thing has been working perfectly for several years.
It is also easier to service, not surface mount technology, if repairs ever had
to be made.

The HiPro is much better quality than Hamtronics, I had a hamtronics on 222Mhz.
 I believe that the circuit board and component quality is better in the HiPro.
 BTW, my Hamtronics was and older version, I can't speak for the new Hamtronics
stuff.

I don't know about Kenwood, never had one.

Tech support for the HiPro has been reported to be good.

73, Joe, K1ike