>Let's talk about static!  Hi everybody!
>
>I'm experiencing high static levels in our repeater that appears to
>develop ahead and during serve weather outbreaks. Other times it
>seems perfectly fine.
>
>Could be precipitation static?  Wind bouncing the antenna
>around?  Internal grounding problems?

If you've not seen what happens in southern CA with the Santa Ana
winds, you'd never believe it.
AMAZING levels of noise right across the VHF spectrum.
AFAIK, not much you can do about that.

>A couple of weeks ago we found that water had gotten into the 1/2
>hardline (Andrew) We replaced the heliax, and have a great standing
>wave on the antenna and are looking for some ideas on this.

What does the static sound like?  Bursts of hash would say
"connector" to me,  varying level but constant noise duration would
suggest precip or wind/dust.

Can you grab the antenna and shake the hell out of it on a nice day?