From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:51 AM
Subject: Re: Re: [Repeater-Builder] USA Repeaters

> Steve,
>
> We try to work with our coordinating bodies, but if that coordinating body
is unresponsive, the repeater goes on the air and the interference issues
are worked out using the FCC rule that "the uncoordinated repeater has the
primary reponsibility for resolving the interference". One might have to
change frequencies several times to resolve interference issues.

> Coordination bodies in the US are self-appointed and in areas such as
Southern California some are closed membership organizations which only care
about the interests of the existing coordinated repeaters.

> I believe the RGSB coordination method might be superior as all amatuers
are represented, and there can't be closed or private repeaters. Your method
was probably bourne out of necessity since you don't have bands as big as
ours on 2M and 70cm.

> It is not my intention to get into a flame war over repeater coordination
as that is not what this list is meant for.

> Steve Rodgers
> WA6ZFT
>

> > From: "steve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: 2005/06/20 Mon PM 07:02:18 EDT
> > To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] USA Repeaters
> >
> > Thanks Chris
> > sounds like the US hams, unless they do silly things, look
> > after all the repeater stuff, so, correct me if Iam wrong, if a ham
wants to setup a repeater can he jst go ahead and do it.
> > What sort of TX power restrictions are there, here it is very unusual
for a repeater to run more than 25w

> > 73
> >
> > Steve M1SWB

coordination bodies in different areas that help keep things in order. The
FCC does very little enforcement anymore due to budget/policy issues. For
the most part (In my area) the hams keep things pretty much In good order
operational wise. I guess there are some areas of the country where things
are out of hand but the primary responsibility is on the repeater
owner/trustee who's
> >   callsign is on the system. The FCC does not issure repeater licenses
anymore, they are under the callsign or the owner or trustee.

> >   Chris
> >   N9LLO
> >   53.39Repeater
> >   444.025 Repeater
> >   927.4875 Repeater

> >     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.