At 7/27/2005 07:41 PM, you wrote:
>Ditto:  There are lots of dual band mobiles and at least one dualband
>HT that have repeater capability.  These are not true Mobile
>Repeaters.  A "Mobile Repeater" is a device (usually custom built)
>that has 1-2 input frequencies plus tone that repeat out to several
>selected repeater input frequencies.  You also need a HT rig with
>custom Offset TX frequncies to talk to the Mobile Repeater while
>listening to the output frequency of the Repeater you want to work.
>You also need the ability to have 40-50db Isolation between the input
>and output frequencies of the mobile repeater to make it work.  This
>will include some specially tuned cavity filters (small) and at least
>two antennas, one for RX and one for TX.  If any of this does not
>ring a bell with what you have seen, worked on, or have in your
>posession, then it may be over your head to do/use other than learn
>and do over a period of years.  My mobile repeater is a Lafayette
>Radio HA-146 25 Watt Crystal Mobile rig split into two custom built
>shielded boxes with an interconnecting shielded/filtered cable
>between the two boxes.

My very first repeater was made from an HA-146.  Sounds like you did a
better job than I did though.  I left the TX in the mobile case & put the
RX in whatever box I could find.  The TX did very well but the RX crunched
easily (I only had 2 antennas & 1 pass cavity to work with back then) & had
a rather wide IF, so desense & adjacent-channel interference was always a
problem.

Bob NO6B