Jeff, Kevin, Mike and others....

Thank you for your insights and, especially to Jeff for the sensitivity
tests. I have enjoyed this thread and hope that no one has taken
anything to be any kind of personal attack on how anyone runs their
repeater.

Jeff's comment below pretty much sums up the heart of what I was getting
at. And what I was getting at was separating "need" from "desire." Do we
NEED to run XXX watts of power to match the receive coverage, assuming a
typical mobile installation? Maybe not. Do we DESIRE to run a certain
level because we can? Sure, just like we may want to install a 100KW
generator on site to run 3KW of load. That's fine if you can afford it,
I suppose. My point was "is it needed?"

We have answered that.

Thank you to all.

Chuck