Timothy V Horvath wrote:
> I like the CAT Controllers. I have the CAT-1000 on 2 meter, CAT-700B used
> with Icom 706 as a HF
> remote link setup on UHF and a CAT-200 with a Peet Bros weather station.
> I have had repeaters for
> a few years but not as knowledgeable as most of the Repeater Builders are
> here.  I know I can Call
> Ron at CAT for Help support. A lot of others talk like you should know
> what you are doing. I can't say enough
> good about them. To me that's worth a lot and then some.

I echo your sentiments 100% Ron is a diamond in the rough!

However that being said,
I am now advocation arcom controllers. They are way cheaper and are a
million percent more flexible than anything catauto sells. On top of
that, Ken Arck provides the best support ever with email turnaround in
under 10min in most instances.

The true gem is his software. I have played with the software for the
CAT controllers and I think it sucks. You have to go through 10 hops to
upload and download and do it in these tiny little chunks. >>>LAME<<

With the Arcom, you can upload and download at will, in one big heap and
you also can tweek and click apply and just upload your changes in a
snap! The best difference though is that you don't have to unlock the
controller with a DTMF code before you interact with the serial port.. I
don't know what narcotic CAT was smoking when they dreamed that up but
IMHO its downright stupid and a PITA.

> Tim WA3QCV
>

> On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 14:43:11 -0800 Bob Dengler
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> At 2/9/2006 10:37 AM, you wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I figured that this may be just the spot to ask such a question.
>>>
>>> I am looking for a controller that can manage up to two full
>> duplex
>>> ports as well as a port for remote control. It would need the
>> option
>>> to be able to program the ports independently such that while the
>>> primary repeater port would have ID & Hang time, I would need to
>> be
>>> able to disable both on a secondary.
>>>
>>> Also, it would need to have the ability to be managed via DTMF
>>> control over the secondary or other port.
>>>
>>> I've briefly looked at the LinkComm's the NHRC's, and the old
>> ACC's
>>> but am not sure which would provide the best serivce for the cost.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts or is this really not the place for this?
>> I recommend the LinkComm RLC-1+.  The NHRC-10 would be good too.
>> ACC
>> controllers have not been manufactured for many years, so support
>> would be
>> an issue.
>>
>> Bob NO6B
>>

>> Yahoo! Groups Links

Jay Urish W5GM
DCARA President         ARRL Life Member
Denton County ARRL VEC
N5ERS VP/Trustee

Monitoring 1292.30Ghz PL-100.0  441.375 PL-88.5 and 444.850 PL-88.5