--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
. I have an Elmer here ... He's been trying, unsuccessfully, for the
past 5 years to get coordination on a 2m repeater because his location
is 97 miles from another repeater (in a different state) and the other
coordinator is holding real tight onto the minimum 100 mile rule..."

Your friend should contact the trustee [holder of coordination] of the
other system.  Explain the situation.  The other party may readily
agree to sign off on a "short-spacing" agreement.  Send that to the
coordinator & you should get coordianted.

If the other system's trustee is unsure or has concerns, offer to
create an MOU - a Memorandum Of Understanding whereby the short-spaced
system trustee would agree to resolve any interference issues.

I have done exactly that with a couple of very nice folks with the
result that I have systems coordinated that would otherwise be
rejected "by rule"