Title: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Wind Generators
Voltage and RPM do not go hand in hand.  An alternator that has a field winding can be made to produce different voltage (current) with the amount of excitation of the field.  For the most part, RPM determines the cyclic rate, but the rotation does need to be above a certain point for the generator to produce anything useful.

In an alternator, there are several factors that determine the voltage/current/power.  There are several good sources of information just by doing a simple Google search.

The chart on this page shows with kind of power is available from the project I spoke of:
<http://www.windstuffnow.com/main/builders_corner.htm>

Kevin

Dale Pratt wrote:

        Kevin
    Some where I am missing this thought - train , “Maybe it ran over me & my intelligence “ . But if an old auto alternator will produce 100 volts     at 2000 RPM then why not 25 volts at 500 RPM & 12.5 volts at 250 RPM or is the voltage not linear that alternator will produce at any given RPM .
Just Thinking to myself and maybe someone can add some intelligent information to subject . I have a 35 ft windmill tower stored on my farm that was given to me by a Ham when he moved out of area . I would like to put it to a good use some day that is why I have some interest in
This subject will continue to follow & see what comes up.
      Oldmax            N8SAC

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS