> Geez, the lowest common denominator I was referring to was
> intelligence, not radio service. Many of the responses I got off list
> were bashing me for allowing a ham repeater to be allowed "public
> access" via the PBX. Something that I never stated. I got some lovely
> hate comments to my initial post were "hey stupid, how are you going
> to stop Joe Unlicensed from bootlegging on your repeater. The FCC is
> going to love you, jerk" types of replies.
>
> I didn't know ham radio suffered from a low level of self esteem to
> automatically assume the worst possible connotation in someone's
> comments. I was told that this was a better list to ask my question
> than the LMR list because there was a better level of expertise here.
> Instead, I get abused by list members who assume ham radio is the
> center of the universe.
>
> Enough about this. Thread closed, I'm done. I did appreciate the very
> few civil and informative responses to my inquiries.

First off, this list is comprised of mostly ham oriented repeater
people.  There are likely more ham repeaters on the air then commercial,
and even many commercial folks have their ham license, so *when you
don't state your intentions* this list will likely assume you are a ham
trying something out of the ordinary.

Don't bash the list members because your lack of information was
insufficient for them to tell what you were trying to do.

Maybe next time be a bit clearer in your description and folks won't
have to assume so much?

Kevin Custer
List Owner