Dave,

A couple of years ago, I set up a TKR-750K1 repeater for a local Amateur
Radio club.  The club bought the repeater without realizing that the K1
version is for 146-174 MHz, while the K2 version is for 136-150 MHz.  This
was a moot point, since the repeater pair was at 147 MHz.  The K1 version
does not perform well in the 144-146 MHz portion of the 2m band.

The repeater comes set up for a 3 MHz segment in the middle of its range, so
the receiver must be retuned for optimum sensitivity on the desired receive
frequency.  Coils L2, L3, L5, L6, and L7 should be peaked for maximum
sensitivity on your receive frequency at 12 dB SINAD, rather than
stagger-tuned as the service manual suggests.  If you haven't already done
so, get the service manual B51-8556-10.  It's available from Pacific Coast
Parts for about $25.

While you have the radio open, you should set the jumpers for backup battery
charging and/or fan operation as you wish.

Due to a computer crash, I lost my copy of the TKR-750 programming file and
do not have a data file to send to you.  However, I do recall that the
software has many sub-menus that are not readily apparent but are crucial to
interfacing with external equipment.  It is important to disable many of the
default functions in the native controller, when an external controller is
used.  Otherwise, the internal Morse identifier will compete with an
outboard identifier.  The software documentation is not very helpful in
understanding the extensive capabilities of the internal controller.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY